We all have it, those dream desks, dream homes, dream offices. That dream environment where we feel if we just had “…” then we could write happily and perfectly! And of course we also know that is not true. Oh sure, for a while we can diligently write away and thrive in this amazing environment we have, but when it is ours, when we use it day after day, it all becomes the same!
Here are some of the things I think are most important to keep in mind when thinking about your creative space!
- Define your space! No matter if it is just a little corner of a room, a closet or an entire office, etch out the space into what you want it to be.
- Make sure there is plenty of Light! I know it may sound silly, but when we don’t get enough light we can become drowsy or even sad.
- Keep it Organized! Now I know, not everyone is very organized, but we all have systems of organization that work for us. Utilize that! Know your system and keep things organized.
- Have a comfortable place to sit! Without something comfortable, you are not going to want to spend hours creating in this space, so some form of comfortable seating is needed!
- Decorate your Space! We all like to have things to look at that reflect our likes. We want to feel comfortable and how we decorate will affect that! Even if it is something as simple as a favorite throw blanket, add your own personal touches.
My personal writing space at the moment is just a little space in my bedroom, but I am hoping as I work hard to clean and organize my house to find a space that will become mine! What about you? What is your dream writing space? What do you currently use? Does it work for you?